There are many Guru Purnima rituals that you may want to know about. Here are some of them that will help you understand the concept better:
- Among the Hindus this day is dedicated to the Gurus who act as the leader and guiding star.
- In memory of Guru Vyas the Guru Gita is recited in many places.
- In many ashrams in India “Padapuja” is done which means cleaning the sandals of the sage or the Guru by the disciples. Many classical songs and recitations are done during this time.
- On this day there are many people who take up spiritual lessons from their Guru. This is also known as “Diksha” in Hinduism.
- The disciples of the Guru keep a fast on this day to show their love towards their Guru. This thing is also followed by the Buddhists who observe the teachings of the Lord Buddha on this day. Many people also take up Diksha in Buddhism too.